Does this sound familiar? You download a trial version of a new software program and install it on your computer. Suddenly, your graphics or multimedia files are opening in the wrong program! What happened? Your file associations have been hijacked by that newly installed software!
Now there is a simple but effective solution to the problem of hijacked associations: Associate This from Spearit Software, the program that puts YOU in control of your file associations!
Associate This is a file extension manager that works "behind the scenes" to protect your system from software that changes your file associations without your knowledge. Associate This includes all the features listed below and costs just $19.99.
Download our fully functional, 30-day trial of Associate This now. During the 30-day trial period, you have access to all the features listed below.
- Watches for changes to your file associations.
- Allows you to block changes to all associations or configure individual extensions on a case-by-case basis.
- Gives you control over when and how you are notified of changes (or attempted changes) to associations.
- Lets you re-open the last file you worked with using the program of your choice.
- Offers integration with Windows so you can launch any file from Windows Explorer (or another file management program) and then select the program in which you want to view it from a pop-up menu.
- Allows you to configure Associate This to always ask which program to use with a particular file extension. (This feature is indispensable for designers of web pages and other multimedia content that must be compatible with a variety of web browsers and media players.)
- Searches your computer for additional programs that can support the types of files you work with.
- Backup your file associations and restore them to a previous state in the event unwanted changes occur.
- Provides quick, one button access to many Associate This features.
- Offers detailed information regarding file extensions and associations and additional configuration options for the advanced computer user.